CSWIP 3.2 – Senior Welding Inspector – Level 3
Jakarta, 5 – 12 April 2021
(Online – Kelas Malam)
Theory: 15 – 11 April 2021 (18.30 – 22.00)
Exam: 12 April 2021 (09.00 – 16.00)
Next Schedule: 12 Juli; 8 November 2021
USD $ 1725 (Exclude Tax)
Khusus Alumni SLV Rp. 23.500.000,-
Minimum payment for registration (Rp. 7.000.000,-)
SLV METROPOLITAN INDONESIA
Suitable for :
Experienced welding inspectors and quality control staff, especially those who are proceeding to the CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector examination. It is essential that course members have a knowledge of the subjects covered in the course Welding Inspector before joining this course.It is the responsibility of the examination candidates to either hold CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1 or consider attending the Welding Inspector course and examination (WIS5E) prior to this course/examination.The CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector course covers a wide range of subjects and therefore it is advisable for the student to do some preparation before attending the course.
Course Content :
QA and QC; destructive testing; heat treatments; welding procedures; welding dissimiliar; residual stress and distortion; weldability; weld fractures; welding symbols; non-destructive testing; welding consumables; weld repairs; specifications; joint design; HSLA and quenched and tempered steels; arc energy and heat input.As can be seen from the above, there are sixteen different subjects and therefore a good prior knowledge or preparatory work of these would give any student a significant advantage before they attempt the course and examination.The CSWIP 3.2 course builds on knowledge from the CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector course, therefore it is advisable to refresh knowledge by reading the course material. There are various sources where a student can gain knowledge of the subjects mentioned. Here is a list of good welding handbooks which can be purchased:
- A C Davies The science and Practice of Welding & The Practice of Welding
- AWS Welding Handbook Volumes One and Two
- Jeffus Welding Principles and applications
In addition, candidates can purchase TWI’s online CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector Pre-Learning package which prepares them for the course.
Additional Information :
- Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. See CSWIP document available for download from the CSWIP website.
- Although this course covers most of the syllabus for the examination it does not include training in interpretation of radiographs. Examination candidates who do not possess a current CSWIP or PCN Radiographic Interpreter’s certificate should attend the Interpretation of Radiographs – Part B (light and dense metal welds) course and examination.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS :
- Certified Welding Inspector (Level 2) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 OR
- 5 years’ authenticated experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.3, independently verified.
In either case above candidates must hold a valid CSWIP Level 2 (3.1) certificate.
In addition to the above, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of document WI-6-92 available at www.cswip.com